18 January 2020

TAKE THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT f

Saturday Symmetry

This building in Port Glasgow always draws my attention to the wonderful symmetry of its construction.

It is now a number of 'loft-style' accommodations but has a deep and worthy history as a ropeworks and associated industry. (Some sources quote it as having a sugar refinery there - but I think there is confusion insofar as the ropeworks business also had a refinery but was probably not this actual building - as can be witnessed from this fine synopsis...scroll down a little.)

And yes, I was on the bus...

8 comments:

  1. Hello, It is good the building has a new use, I am sure the loft are nice. Have a happy day and a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind's eye is drawn too. All the little round windows at the top and the jut out there very interesting.
    Good shot from the bus!!
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful refurbished building and creative photo ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many old industrial buildings here are being converted into loft apartments - and they sell at premium prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take photos when I can...and that used to include a lot of drive bys....I would love to see what the lofts look like...plus what it used to look like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      The first link provided above shows the 'makeover'. The second link gives the history, but I just discovered their link to photos is now 'dead' so I provide you with this - good ol' wiki! A mixture of old and new. Yxx

      Delete
  6. I love the repurposing of old indusrial buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this through the glass. the view through the glass changed it from the normal to special. great shot

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.