10 June 2020

TAKE ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN g

Wings on Wednesday -
YAM's take on the good, the bad, the ugly and the downright hilarious in respect to photographing birds.

























A courting pair of Lesser Black-backed Gull...not quite quick enough to catch his dance, I still managed to capture the male offering a seaweed bouquet.  This is a particularly pleasing shot for me as this species is on the 'amber' list - that is, 'at risk' of extinction.  It can be differentiated from it's larger, bully-boy cousin by the yellow legs (Greater BBGs have pink leg).

7 comments:

  1. This is a great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen any of these here with pink legs. This is an excellent photo of the loving couple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, great photo. It is sad to hear to are on the at risk list! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot, YAM. It is a species I always look forward to seeing when I visit the UK. It does show up here, but is a rarity, often along the Niagara River in late November. I can see that you have made good use of your gull book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet romantic capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So distinguished looking
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.