03 December 2019

TAKE TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO f

Shipping by...

I gave you the close-up of this wreck and Rose asked to see more. Well, here it is. The story goes that 'Captain Disaster' (as he was known after this), a fisherman of Dialbeag, got 'well-oiled' one night and decided he needed to take the boat out despite the storm. His crew protested, to no avail. They were scarcely a mile from the harbour before getting blown right back to the spot you see here, with obvious consequences. No loss of life, but definitely loss of face...and livelihood. Now Captain Disaster goes around the Torridon area as the 'fix all' handyman.

Would you want your plumbing or carpentry 'fixed' by Captain Disaster?

7 comments:

  1. Geeez the Cap'n is not always right. Good nickname and add to that know it all
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it makes for a pretty photo, I don't think I would trust Captain Disaster with even the lightest of chores LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shot, a little sad to see the boat like that. NOPE! do not want the Captain to fix anything of mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a second chance so I might give him a few odd jobs to make a little money for himself and his family....but he had better do them right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing the area around it..and the history. I wonder if he does his odd jobs while 'well oiled?' I hope not. I am glad there was no loss of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad it's not more picturesque a wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I am pretty sure I would not like to get on a ship with this captain. Have a happy day and a good week ahead,

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.