11 September 2019

TAKE TWO HUNDRED AND NINE f


Wings on Wednesday - 
YAM's take on the good, the bad, the ugly and the downright hilarious in photographing birds.


As mentioned before, the recent trip down under presented some challenges in getting 'wings' shots - not least because there was hardly any specific outing for the purpose. However, a small nature trail along a beach afforded observation of many of these. So fast, it was a miracle I got this much of an image. Little Wattlebirds. There were dozens. I managed this one paltry shot!

8 comments:

  1. It was a little inconsiderate in not making itself a little more visible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh there is a Wattle bird too and I recently learned the symbol for Australia is a Wattle Bush with lovely blooms...I believe I recall the Wattle bush blooms very near spring down under
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little wattle bird is playing peek-a-boo with you:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought , Wow, what a long tail it has, then I realized it was a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, it has some pretty colors on the wings. I have a lot of these photos, with birds missing body parts.
    Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my first thought was what great camouflage this bird has, it almost looks like the sticks, hard to see, but you captured it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an expert in camouflage! I like the little pop of orange down feathers at his tail!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.