28 August 2019

TAKE ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE f


Wings on Wednesday - 
YAM's take on the good, the bad, the ugly and the downright hilarious in photographing birds.

To complete this month-long series on the osprey couple at Hervey Bay...

After that appeal to hubby last week, he flew off for a few minutes (barely more than five, I'd say) and returned with a fish. She did a bit more furniture shifting as he flew back in - you can just about make out the fishtail in his claws. (I was working with only the Hisstix remember [see Tools page] and am actually thrilled that I got this much detail!)

I did have one more image of him dropping her bits of the catch... but at time of composing this post decided not to place it. Far from clear and - all in all - I think this one image is a good enough one to end on.

7 comments:

  1. That is one hard working Osprey....here's hoping the grandosprey parents will come in to relieve the devoted new parents.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with all males, dedicated and hard working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - that male is clearly a much better fisherman than I am! Five minutes!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful image! I would be so happy to have taken it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a good plan to keep the lady of the house happy:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. it amazes me how big of a fish they can carry, one that weighs more than they do, with those powerful wings. super shot. love it.... I saw a photo on FB, two men playing golf, had started to go fishing, but decided to golf instead, they were holding a really big fish that dropped out of the air right at their feet. I am thinking a gift from an osprey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this series...nature at its finest!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.