19 July 2014

TAKE ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SEVEN a

Saturday Symmetry

























Just back from Dunoon's main street is a small garden park in the centre of which is a now defunct drinking water fountain.  It is dated 1899 and was a gift by the senior councillor of the time.  Being painted black already, it showed up best in monochrome mode and I opted, additionally, to take this detail in macro mode.  There were four spouts originally, as can be seen by the holes where the pipes would once have been (now affording a peep all the way to the buildings at the back).

6 comments:

  1. I wonder how many layers of paint are on that old cast iron fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing old fountain!! I wonder about the layers of paint, too!! Great shot for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we all had the same thought about the layers of paint. It is a lovely shot and perfect in monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful symmetry, I also love the way the light is reflecting off of the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell how far behind I am in visiting?!
    I've gone over my usage this month, with all the stuff with the kids... they are slowing me down. It's in my contract, but who knew I'd go over?!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is appreciated. Keep yourselves tidy please.